Cape Bojeador Lighthouse, also known as Burgos Lighthouse, is a cultural heritage structure in Burgos, Ilocos Norte that was established during the Spanish colonial period in the Philippines. They call it Faro Cabo Cape Bojeador, as it is set majestically on a hill overlooking Cape Bojeador of South China Sea where early galleons used to sail by, located approximately 35 kilometres north of the City of Laoag, the lighthouse is the most accessible of all lighthouses in the north of the Island of Luzon. It was first lit on March 30, 1892. After over 100 years, it still functions as a welcoming beacon to the international ships that enter the Philippine Archipelago from the north and guide them safely away from the rocky coast of the town.
The lighthouse was first designed by Engr. Magin Pers y Pers in 1887 and was finished by the Lighthouse Service under Guillermo Brockman. The tower is octagonally-shaped and has an inner dimension of two meters and an exterior dimension of three and half meters.
Cape Bojeador Lighthouse was declared a National Historical Landmark on August 13, 2004 and a National Cultural Treasure on June 20, 2005 by the Philippine Government.
No thanks, don't show this box again.